We all know these days when we don’t have a clue how to keep our kiddies busy, happy and entertained. The amazing thing about Seoul however is that it offers plenty of things to do! From bike riding to skiing, interactive kids museums to amusement parks, traditional villages and animal farms, here are our favorite 20 things to do with your little ones in this amazing city.
Let’s go! Here is our first best of list:
- Feed the deers in Seoul Forest – there are also two cool playgrounds, stroller-friendly walks, a feeding rabbits area, a small botanical garden, space for cycling, grass for flying kites and even jumping fountains operating in summer for great splashing times!
- Get fun at the Seoul Children’s Museum, with discoveries to make and tonnes of buttons to push. And when you are done, have a walk in the Children’s Grand Park with its little zoo, botanical garden and plenty of playgrounds.
- Fly kites at the windy Haneul World Cup Park and enjoy the views of downtown, Han River and Bukhansan.
- Take the cable car to the Namsan Park, play tourist at the N Seoul Tower and stop for a fun visit at the Teddy Bear Museum.
- Hire bikes (or bring your owns) and ride one of the many cycling paths Seoul has to offer. Keep your cool with the refreshing Hangang river breezes.
- Get intrigued and amused at the Rolling Ball Museum and touch and play with all the silly objects in the Fun Museum.
- Make the trip to Bukhansan and take the beautiful and easy walk of Uiryeong-gil crossing the very center of Bukhansan Mountain and Dobongsan Mountain.
- Get educated at Gwacheon National Science Museum and let the kiddies learn about dinosaurs and space shuttles.
- Spend a perfect day in Dream Forest. Head to the playgrounds, feed the deers, grab a pizza or pasta at the Cafeteria La Foresta and cool off in the water-play area and jumping fountains in summer or roll in the snow in winter.
- When the autumn colors are all around, take a stroll at the Secret Garden. This is one of the best spots in Seoul to enjoy the beautiful foliage.
- Head to Lotte World. You are sure to make happy your younger and older ones but just try to avoid the week-end afternoons and Korean holidays as it can be really packed.
- In winter time pick up one of the ski resorts easily accessible from Seoul and hit the slopes under a perfect blue sky.
- Wander around the Olympic Park. Run around the lake or rent a family bike, enjoy the views of Gangnam and take pics of the photogenic persimmon trees in late autumn. There is so much to do in every season.
- In rainy days feed the fish and look for sharks in Coex Aquarium.
- Unleash your little explorers and let them go wild in the huge Dibo Village indoor playground.
- Take a step back in history and let your kids learn about culture and tradition of Korea at the Korean Folk Village. This one day trip from Seoul is always a big success for all the family and visitors.
- Pack some lunch, catch the ferry and head to Modo Island for a beach side summer picnic.
- Visit Bongeunsa Temple especially in the month of May before Buddha’s birthday if you want to feel the magic of the place decorated with thousands of beautiful lanterns.
- Take a wander around the amazing Anseong Farmland. Feed the sheep and goats, ride a horse and watch the cows grazing in the picturesque environment. Spend a day full of fun and amazement in a beautiful countryside!
- See how far your children can trot by tackling one of the Namhansanseong walks. Enjoy a delicious korean food in one of the traditional restaurants in the village after the walk and finish the afternoon with a stroll around the beautifully renovated Palace.
This is just the first short list of places we love. Stay tuned for more…