This week we celebrated the start of Advent – a time for cheerful celebrations, numerous Christmas markets, kindergarten Winter concerts and more fun family activities! Here is our roundup of Seoul events & noteworthy posts.
If you were too busy with all the pre-Christmas frenzy, make sure to read our most recent post: Top 10 Seoul Indoor Activities for Kids. A straight-to-the-point selection of the best alternative options when it’s too cold, rainy, windy or snowy outside.
Tidbits & Reminders from recent news:
- The Garden of Morning Calm‘s annual lighting festival just started Friday, Dec 6, 2013. Find out more: http://bit.ly/1eV0QVB
- As announced previously, the German Christmas Market is on today! Saturday, Dec 7 from 4:30 to 8PM @ Deutsche Schule. Hurry up!
- Next week, you shouldn’t miss the French Market: Saturday Dec 14 from 10am to 4pm @ Gingko Park, Seorae Maeul
- A Giant Christmas tree was lit up on Seoul Plaza – magic!
- Ice Skating rinks: Grand Hyatt from Nov 30, Seoul Plaza from Dec 16 to Feb 23
- Snow Sledding Field at Korean Children’s Center (next to Children’s Grand Park) from Dec 16 to Feb 23
- The Czech-style Christmas Party will be arranged at Norang Cafe & Craft, Dec 14~15, 11:00AM and 4:00PM. Pre-booking advised.
We keep our Christmas Top 10 List, updated so make sure to check from time to time.
Stay Warm and Have a great week! 😉