We hope you had a fantastic family time celebrating Christmas a few days ago… Now let’s get ready for the New Year’s celebrations with so much to do in Seoul as always!
Last week, we enjoyed every single moment of the Christmas celebrations and more than anything cherishing happy times with our kids. Children eyes sparkling from candlelight reflections, surprises and mysteries, joy of receiving, happiness from giving… oh what a great time! Then we felt a compelling attraction to get out and enjoy Seoul on Christmas Day. And we got back with even more memories to cherish!
First we stopped by Namsangol Hanok Village and enjoyed the beautiful time-limited Ice Carving Festival on display. Check out the post we just wrote about it and make sure to visit before Jan 20, 2014!
Then we revisited the amazing Millennium Hilton Christmas Train. We updated our post with our latest pics – our kids fell in love with the fairytale miniature train and we could even take photos with Santa! The Train is on until Feb 02, 2014.
Tidbits & Reminders from recent news:
- Ice Skating at Seoul Plaza Rink until Feb 23
- Ice Garden (and Skating) at Garden5 Department Store until Feb 17
- Snow Sledding Field at Korean Children’s Center (next to Children’s Grand Park) until Feb 23
- Seoul Snow Festival started Dec 18, 2013 and will end Feb 9, 2014. So much fun activities just in the front of the War Memorial Museum.
- Yangju Snow Flower Festival started Dec 27, 2013 and will end Feb 17. This festival is held at Daejanggeum Theme Park where visitors can enjoy the winter season by snow tubing, riding carriages pulled by donkeys and much more…
- Last chance to book for “The Nutcracker”, performed by the Universal Ballet Company. Each day features two sessions starting in the late afternoon and evening, respectively.
VENUE: Universal Arts Center
PERIOD: Dec 20–31
ADMISSION: KRW 10,000-100,000
MORE INFO: T.070-7124-1740, www.uac.co.kr
GETTING THERE: Achasan station 아차산역 (Line 5) Exit 4
During this cold season, make sure to check out our selection of Top 10 Seoul Indoor Activities for Kids…
We wish you and your (tall and little) loved ones a Happy New Year 2014!