Beautiful folk village within a one-hour drive from Seoul where all wonderful Korean traditions are on display and the time seems to be suspended – for the marvel of the entire family.
Korean Folk Village is another one day trip from Seoul where you can go and return several times a year. The kids always love to run around and at the same time experience and learn the culture of our ancestors.
The park itself is set in a beautiful environment surrounded by the mountains and as soon as you enter the gate you feel like in a different world. Many of the buildings, including 168 traditional houses, were relocated to the folk village and restored to reproduce the original atmosphere and lifestyle of the Korean people in the late Chosun period.
During all day you can see the artisans practicing their handicraft skills and process in pottery, round willow baskets, bamboo weaving, paper making, and many other traditional arts. Let your kids watch all the master craftsmen and women create beautiful designs in brass, embroidery, iron, and clay.
Summer : 09:00 to 18:30
Winter : 09:00 to 17:00
* Extended by 30 minutes on Weekend and Holidays
* Entrance allowed 1 hour before closing.
- Adults 15,000 won
- Youths (13-18 years old) 12,000 won
- Children (4-12 years old) 10,000 won
How to get there:
- Gangnam St. – Yangjae – Highway – Singal – Korean Folk Village KFV (Express bus no. 5001-1)
- Suwon St. (Train/Subway) – Singal – KFV (City bus no. 37)
- Suwon St. Square (Train/Subway) – KFV (Free Shuttle Bus)
If you arrive at the Singal Tollgate follow the road signs to the Korean Folk Village, which is about 3km away. (Parking fee 2,000/3,000 won)
For more information go to Korean Folk Village